2019 has ended and 2020 is charging away. Here are some notable things from last year.
- Visited Atlanta, Birmingham AL, New York City, Norfolk, Phoenix, Puerto Vallarta, and Seattle.
- Attended Bay To Breakers, How Weird Street Faire, Bumbershoot Seattle, SF Pride and World Pride NYC.
- Saw Chromeo, Giraffage, H.E.R., Jai Wolf, LP, and Toro Y Moi live.
- Read 22 books.
- Migrated my blog from Jekyll to Gatsby.
- Made contributions to 8 open source repositories on GitHub.
- Had my 2-year anniversary at GoDaddy.
- Shared 154 photos on my Instagram feed.
- Bought a piano, and now practice for at least an hour nearly every day.
- Lost my dog Fingers to nasal cancer. :(
2019 was a period of undirected progress in my personal life. As I begin this new year, I have made it my plan to define and stick to long-term and short-term personal goals. These goals are meant to encourage me to create more and to refine both my creative and career skills.
In 2020, my goals are:
- Read 28 books.
- Visit Europe for the first time.
- Practice piano 8 hours per week.
- Publish 2 photo galleries to my blog per month.
- Publish 1 blog article per month.
- Record and publish 1 original song per month.
- Record and publish 1 piano video per month.
- Start a new hobby project in an unfamiliar, new programming language.
- Learn basic Spanish.
- Drink more water.